Wednesday, April 14, 2010

An Improved Firefox Browser?

Pale Moon

It looks like Firefox, uses parts of Firefox, uses all of your add-ons that you already have installed on Firefox…but it’s not Firefox.  It’s called The Pale Moon Project.  Pale Moon is “custom-built and optimized Firefox browsers for Windows Operating Systems (pale moon project homepage).”  The site also claims that the browser is 25% faster than Firefox.  Now I LOVE my Firefox and didn’t want to get rid of it, which is why I haven’t switched to Google Chrome.  After installing Pale Moon I did experience a noticeable speed increase in the loading of web pages.  The browser looks exactly like my Firefox browser, including all 40+ add-ons I had installed in it.  However, my favorite improvement that I have found revolves around playing videos (especially Flash videos).  I’m not the only Firefox user who has experienced Flash videos stuttering every 3 seconds or so.  It even happens to those with an absurd amount memory.  When playing Flash videos on Pale Moon I experience little to skipping in Flash videos and they also load faster.  For those of you who don’t want to part with Firefox, I highly recommend that you give Pale Moon a try.  After installing it yesterday, I don’t even open Firefox anymore.

Labels: , , , ,