Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Best Buy Gets Rid of Restocking Fees

(via MediaMemo)
If you ever bought an electronic item from Best Buy and then took it back because it wasn't what you'd thought it'd be, then you know all about the company's 15% bogus restocking fee.  Last Christmas I bought my Dad a supposedly HD camera, but the quality was garbage.  I took it back and they told me that I'd have to pay $60 just for them to restock it (all I could think of was "get outta my face with that).  Thankfully this fee is now being phased out for the most part and applies to the following items:
  • computers                    
  • tablets
  • projectors
  • camcorders
  • digital cameras
  • radar detectors 
  • GPS units
  • in-car video systems & audio equipment
  • iPhones
If you returned an item after November 17th and were charged a restocking fee, Best Buy will offer you a refund.  This will come handy for those of you who have to return those unwanted holiday gifts.

Smart move Best Buy. Smart move. 

Related Articles

Enhanced by Zemanta

Labels: ,